It is with great pleasure that we invite you to contribute to a Special Issue in the journal Remote Sensing is dedicated to UAS-based studies focusing on environmental monitoring. Particularly, we welcome contributions with:
- Added value of UAS data in environmental monitoring;
- Methods and procedures for UAS data processing;
- Use of UAS in precision farming;
- Innovative applications of UAS data for rapid environmental mapping and change detection;
- Advanced applications of UAS data for monitoring vegetation state, crop production, soil water content, river evolution, and stream flow;
- Potential of different sensors and algorithms for environmental variables.
The deadline for manuscript submission is December 31, 2019.
Detailed information about the special issue as well as information and guidelines for abstract submission can be found here
Contents of the Special Issue
Multispectral Mapping on 3D Models and Multi-Temporal Monitoring for Individual Characterization of Olive Trees by J. M. Jurado, L. Ortega, J. J. Cubillas and F. R. Feito Remote Sens. 2020, 12(7), 1106; https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12071106 – 31 Mar 2020 Cited by 2 – Abstract
Drone-Based Optical Measurements of Heterogeneous Surface Velocity Fields around Fish Passages at Hydropower Dams by Dariia Strelnikova, Gernot Paulus, Sabine Käfer, Karl-Heinrich Anders, Peter Mayr, Helmut Mader, Ulf Scherling and Rudi Schneeberger Remote Sens. 2020, 12(3), 384; https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12030384 – 25 Jan 2020 Cited by 1 – Abstract
UAV-Based Biomass Estimation for Rice-Combining Spectral, TIN-Based Structural and Meteorological Features by Qi Jiang, Shenghui Fang, Yi Peng, Yan Gong, Renshan Zhu, Xianting Wu, Yi Ma, Bo Duan and Jian Liu Remote Sens. 2019, 11(7), 890; https://doi.org/10.3390/rs11070890 – 11 Apr 2019Cited by 5Abstract
Mapping and Monitoring of Biomass and Grazing in Pasture with an Unmanned Aerial System by Adrien Michez, Philippe Lejeune, Sébastien Bauwens, Andriamandroso Andriamasinoro Lalaina Herinaina, Yannick Blaise, Eloy Castro Muñoz, Frédéric Lebeau and Jérôme Bindelle, Remote Sens. 2019, 11(5), 473; https://doi.org/10.3390/rs11050473 – 26 Feb 2019Cited by 5 – Abstract